By Matthew Helmke
Ubuntu Unleashed 2012 version: overlaying 11.10 and 12.04 by means of Matthew Helmke
Publisher: S[am].s; 7 variation 2012 | 864 Pages | ISBN: 0672335786 | EPUB | five MB
Ubuntu Unleashed is stuffed with designated and complex info for everybody who desires to utilize the Ubuntu Linux working process. This re-creation has been completely revised and up-to-date through a long-time Ubuntu group chief to mirror the interesting new Ubuntu 11.10 (“Oneiric Ocelot”) and the drawing close Ubuntu 12.04.
Former Ubuntu discussion board administrator Matthew Helmke covers all you want to find out about Ubuntu 11.10/12.04 set up, configuration, productiveness, multimedia, improvement, procedure management, server operations, networking, virtualization, protection, DevOps, and more—including intermediate-to-advanced options you won’t locate in the other book.
Helmke offers up to the moment introductions to Ubuntu’s key productiveness and net improvement instruments, programming languages, help, and extra. You’ll locate brand-new assurance of the recent harmony machine, new NoSQL database aid and Android cellular improvement instruments, and plenty of different Ubuntu 11.10/12.04 recommendations. even if you’re new to Ubuntu or already an influence consumer, you’ll flip to this publication continuously: for brand new recommendations, new strategies, and new how one can do much more with Ubuntu!
Matthew Helmke served from 2006 to 2011 at the Ubuntu discussion board Council, delivering management and oversight of the Ubuntu boards, and spent years at the Ubuntu nearby club approval board for Europe, the center East, and Africa. He has written approximately Ubuntu for numerous magazines and internet sites, is a lead writer of The reputable Ubuntu e-book. He works for The iPlant Collaborative, that is funded by way of the nationwide technological know-how origin and is construction cyberinfrastructure for the organic sciences to help the becoming use of huge quantities of information and computationally in depth kinds of research.
- Quickly set up Ubuntu, configure it, and get your working right
- Configure and customise the hot harmony machine (or choices reminiscent of GNOME)
- Get began with multimedia and productiveness functions, together with LibreOffice
- Manage Linux companies, clients, and software program packages
- Administer and use Ubuntu from the command line
- Automate initiatives and use shell scripting
- Provide safe distant access
- Manage kernels and modules
- Administer dossier, print, e mail, proxy, LDAP, and database companies (both SQL and NoSQL)
- Use either Apache and replacement HTTP servers
- Support and use virtualization
- Use Ubuntu in cloud environments
- Learn the fundamentals approximately well known programming languages together with Python, personal home page, and Perl, and the way to exploit Ubuntu to boost in them
- Learn how you can start constructing Android cellular devices
[b]Welcome to my AH blog!